Online degree admission rates are growing at about 25 percent per year which shows that the students are developing more interest towards online learning. There are a number of compelling reasons why students like online learning and here are some of those reasons.
• Students have the full freedom to participate in the online classes and can do it anytime of the day at their convenience. Working people can attend the classes after the job schedule and parents with young children can attend classes after attending their children.
• The course material is accessible 24 X 7 and students can go over lectures and study materials anytime and can recheck/reload them anytime. There is no chance of missing any lecture or any part of it as happens in traditional classroom lectures.
• Since there is no physical participation like in traditional classroom, there is no bias caused by the seating locations, gender, age or race. All are treated equally and students are free to add comments whenever they are ready.
• The instructors of online learning have the practical knowledge and can be located anywhere across the globe. This gives the students of online learning the opportunity to earn the practical knowledge from across the globe. They can get knowledge and experiences which cannot be earned from the books only.
• The online learning requires that the student work in the various internet technologies for communication and collaboration. This helps students to learn about these latest technological tools which is very important in the real business scenarios and is required when you are working in a global platform.
• The teamwork skills are improved in the online learning as the students are given the chance to participate in the online discussions, group chats and team meetings which is frequent and requires everyone to participate.