Online degrees are becoming popular these days and the students who prefer to learn from home or the working students who do not have time to go to the campus prefer them. So if you want to pursue an online degree then read some of the good facts about online degrees explained here.
• Online degrees are now offered by both the private and the public universities- Previously most of the online degrees were offered by the private universities but now public universities have also started offering affordable online degrees.
• Now many of the employers changed their perception about online degrees and consider them equivalent to the traditional degrees.
• The accredited online degrees are considered legitimate and widely accepted.
• Researches show that the employees who have online degrees tend to perform better than the peers who have traditional degrees in a number of organizations.
• The College Opportunity and Affordability Act of 2008 ensure that the online colleges which receive federal funds verify that every person enrolled in an online course actually completes the course work.
• Reputed online universities have started offering online degrees at every academic level like bachelors, masters and even doctorate programs.
• Can you believe that some states have banned online degrees from some diploma mill schools and listing the degrees from these in your resume may lead to a fine or even jail!
• You can now avail scholarships and federal loans for funding online degrees from accredited schools and universities.
Considering the facts above it is proven that online degrees are now growing in popularity and government recognized. The only thing you need to make sure that the universities offering these online courses are properly accredited and the program offered is useful for your career.